Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sleepless in S... ahm ...Manama
Manama is the capital of Bahrain

Back from my trip to Bahrain ...and what a trip it was! Met a lot of my colleagues that flew in from all over the world. As expected I was the only girl - and I'm NOT complaining - even though it was a bit weired. Got little sleep going to bed not before 2am with a constant level of rest alcohol (jez, these blokes can drink!) and getting up early. Aditionally i dig arabian countries. As a blonde it's just great because every time you I walk up to the bar to order drinks or ciggies (yep, already back to smoking *blush*) some Saudi/Bahrainien/UAE guy said 'Don't worry, consider it covered' So I didn't pay most of the time :-) Almost missed my flight cus got back at 4:30am the last night and had to get up at 7am. Had agreed to meet a colleague at 8am in the lobby, who called me up at 8:15am to ask if I was still in bed. I WAS! SHIT! Everybody who can claim to know me a little, knows that I don't function before 10am, ESPECIALLY NOT without a shower and a coffee (coffee is not AS mandatory as the shower). However, forced by the fact that I - for some unexplainable reason- didn't hear my alarm clock ringing, I had to dump all my stuff in the suitcase and hurry down to the lobby within 10 minutes... without coffee ...WITHOUT SHOWER! AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!
My flight was delayed by 2hrs, so I slept the morning away in the b-class lounge and, later on, on the plane.
Tomorrow it's time to head off towards Frog-Land. Tuesday I have an appointment with a relocation company that will show me around and help me find a flat or a house. I'm confident that I'll have something until the end of the month and hopefully buying furniture 'n stuff won't take too long, so by mid of April you can all come to visit! At the moment I think I prefer a quiet place on the country side to one in the city, because Valencienne (which is the next bigger city) is 40 klicks away and I don't see myself commuting every day - as I said, don't function before 10, so every additional minute of sleep is appreciated. I'd rathe live close to work in a small house with terrace or garden. Seems like they have some stand alone houses that are about 80-90sqm which would be perfect for me. Ah well, that's all speculation, so I'll just go and see what that area has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom