Monday, August 20, 2007

Half-brain weekend and whole-grain bread

Damn, another month over and I didn't manage to update my blog...
However, here I go:
Work: Still love my job, still hate my construction site. 'nuff said.
For the rest: don't even remember what I did with all the time on my hands, so I'll start with the weekend of the 11th. The 15th was a holiday here in France so I took the chance and took Monday and Tuesday off. On Friday evening I was on my way to Amsterdam to finally see Niek's place before he moves out. Swiched my brain off and simply enjoyed hanging out, tried to by sneakers (and failed miserably), had japanese pancakes for the first time in my life and tried to be a good co-pilot on the motorbike Niek had for the weekend. All things considered, I had a lot of fun and recharge my batteries :-)
On Monday I went home, enjoyed some mum's cooking and met Sandra (which was more than overdue!).
After days like those it's even harder to return to a place where people don't really know you, but it's good to know that I can at least say that there actually are people that can rightfully claim to do so. That's something, isn't it? ;-)

...today, after yet another 14h workday, I stopped by at the supermarket to at least try to fill my fridge. This time I passed an aisle that I never set foot in before: The BIO corner! (No worries, I still think that nobody should hesitate to show those animals their rightful place in the food chain (which basically ends in my tummy) and that pesticides are nothing more than a free-of-charge add-on by the food industry.) As my eyes scanned the products, all of a sudden the lights went dim, a spotlight illuminated a small place on the shelf and I could have sworn I heard church choir music; there it was: whole grain bread!!! 'BIG DEAL' you might say, but yes, in the land of baguette and soft wannabe-bread it IS a big deal indeed. It's way too expensive, it's not even remotely compareable to German bread and it's Bio... but it's mine, Mine, MINE!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!
(ok, definately need a proper holiday, but that's another story)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, was ist mit deinem Foto los? Gefällst du dir nicht mehr?
Lg yvonne

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom