Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ruling off 2007

Aaaaand I'm back. Being the lemming I am, here a short recap of 2007.

On the pro side:
  • First big project I can call my own
  • Apparently got great feedback for the work I did in India
  • Spent some nice days in Munich, Bahrein, Brussels, Amsterdam and Nürnberg
  • Got a cool apartment in France
On the contra side:
  • The cool apartment is in a tiny sh**hole
  • France sucks
  • Didn't do remotely as well on the project as I would have wished for
  • I hate Paris ...with a passion
  • Was pretty much alone for the first half of the year (only 3 colleagues on site and non of them interesting to spend time with)
  • Family affairs yet again

....as far as the contra side goes, I could go on and on and on. On the bottom line 2007 sucked. I remember that after a rather desaterous (apart from Spain) 2006 where I thought it wouldn't be that hard for the new year to be better, I was proven wrong... BIG TIME. 2007 was bad on a different level though, because the thing that went wrong I can actually change, well, most of them.

2008 welcomes me yet again with the possibility to start over. End of January I'll start a new project in Saint Avold, France, which is so close to the German border that it will allow me to move back to Germany. Yes, I'll move again (REALLY hate moving). For now I booked a furnished place near Saarlouis which looks rather nice and will make the start easier and gives me the chance to concentrate on work and, of course, after work activities. Already know 2 people living there, so that might make the start even easier.

Well, to follow the lemming path, here a list with new year resolutions for 2008.

  • 2008 will rock! ...and if it doesn't, I'll make it!
  • Letting go a bit, meaning: not overthinking everything, being more stupid and silly at times and just enjoying myself more ...really looking forward to how that will turn out ;-)
  • Meeting more people. Really hated the 1st half of my stay in France, because the lack of social interaction just got me down. You know that I'm not really the person to sit in the corner not talking to anybody, and even though I hate the beginning of making friends (can't I just hand in a CV and a short summary of my personal life so far pleeeeeease?), I need people to spend time with besides work colleagues
  • US trip! If I can make the time, I will embrace my girly side and do a shopping trip to the east coast. Arrival 5kg luggage, back 2x23kg. Now that's a grat new years resolution, isn't it?
  • Apart from that, the usual blahblah resolutions that might forgotten by the end of January - work out more, smoke less (or even quit?!?!), read more.... you know the drill ;-)

Here's to 2008, a year that is bound to make history (...just like any other year btw ;-) )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katrin,

unbelievable! Ich hatte schon nicht mehr regelmäßig in deinen Blog reingeschaut, weil mit einem Update ja kaum noch zu rechnen war... Umso schöner ist es mal überrascht zu werden :-)))

Liebe Grüße und weiter so!
yvonne

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom