Sunday, October 29, 2006

Northern Exposure

I left Sagunto behind and, after a heavily packed 9 hour trip, arrived save and sound in Munich. I had to leave just when I started to settle down a bit. I met some very nice people and would have loved to stay longer, but until I get my own construction site, I better get used to the thought that I’ll have to leave people I like behind, over and over again. Ah well, that’s obviously part of the job and I’ll learn to deal with it – hopefully ;-)

That said, it’s time to move on.
After getting used to the thought of spending November in India and December in Spain, my boss managed to surprise me once more. Till the end of the year I’ll be working in Finland, replacing the local commercial manager. Work will be slightly different as this time it’ll be a nuclear power plant that’ll play host to my “training-on-the-job” session. I’ll give you more info about the location in another post. As you might have realized by now, you have to take the Finland information with a pinch of salt – there are still 6 days to go till my plane leaves and that means my boss has 6 days left to reconsider and send me somewhere else. I’ll keep you up-to-date.

However, let’s sneak a peek to the closer future:
During the next days I’ll enjoy the hospitality of various friends: Christof, whose couch is just as nice as it used to be during our DVD sessions, is first to be blessed with my presence *cough*. Today Yvonne will be my host – this way I can just stay there after the tapas-evening she organized. Monday morning I’ll be heading off for Erlangen to get some office work done. Chris and Ela, who just moved into their new flat in Nürnberg, will accommodate me for 2 nights – looking forward to catching up with them! Chris told me there are some Halloween parties at Nürnberg and that Tuesday we’ll paint the town – can’t wait!!! Wednesday it’s time to drive (prob. Hungover) up to Gelsenkirchen where I’ll re-organize my mobile wardrobe (e.g. suitcase) and exchange the summer clothes for frost-proof stuff and visit my family and friends. Thursday will be spend at Düsseldorf where I’ll crush in on Niek’s place for the last time, as he’s moving away soon. Friday it’s ready-for-take-off-time again – the wheels are in motion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom