Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas a.k.a. the yearly struggle for THE present

Quite a few days have passed since my last post.
Reason: Believe it or not, I just didn't have anything to say and nothing remarkable happened. Sooo... I'll squeeze in something random.
Christmas is already lurking to make its yearly leap on us. Luckily Spain kinda spares the dreadful 4-months-in-advance decoration flood that seems to break in over Germany's shopping malls since a few years back. Even though the first "Lebkuchen" have found its way into our office containers, I still resist the urge and will wait till the 1st of December. *be strong, BE STRONG!!!* ;-)
Since I've already been asked about wishes for my b-day and Christmas, I've been hovering around that question and... failed to answer it. I seem to be able to come up with cool presents for others easily, once I put a little thought in it, but for me? Never! Of course I can say what I want, but if I can pin-point it, it will never make a good present. Guess it's because the most important part of a good present is that it comes as a surprise. Once you say out loud what you want, and someone gets it for you, it will never have the same effect as something picked for you with a certain intention, may it be something you can use or something that's just meant to make you smile.
Talking about things that make you smile, remember the tmx Elmo I told you about in an earlier post? Now that is something I would have liked for Christmas, seeing that it's childish, useless and something I would prob. never buy myself but like to have. Just read about it and, as expected, after hitting U.S. stores mid of September, it's almost sold out in North America and already achieves 3x its purchase price on ebay. I remember reports of the first Tickle-me-Elmo invasion a few years back, where parents would pay a s**tload of money to prevent a giant Christmas drama they would have had, if Elmo didn't make his desperately anticipated appearance under the Christmas tree.
Ah well, maybe I'll get myself one after Christmas. See you next year, Elmo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom