Friday, November 24, 2006

Get crackin' or die trying

Apologies to my devoted blog-readers, it's been a while since the last decent post. It's been a tough week for yours truly. Worked my butt off to get my desk clean while feeling the constant urge to return to my hotel and find some shelter under the sheets where nobody can find me. I love this place and my job, I really do, but it's time for a break (or a breakdown). At least I got enough work done to get some welcomed peace this weekend. However, enough of that rubbish, just a little stressed out - will be aloft again in no time!

Sooooo... what's new?!? Today I received an invitation to the kick-off meeting for my project-to-be. Takes place on the 1st of December in Offenbach, so I'll take a plane on Thursday evening to attend, flying back on Friday after the meeting. Will be interesting to get to know the people I'll be spending the next 2 years of my work-life with. I also got to know when I'll be starting (approximately): End of February! Before that one or two weeks in Offenbach to bound with the project office, another construction site to learn a bit more and hopefully some holiday.

The fact that I'll be actually doing this - that I'll be moving to France, that I'll have my own construction site, that I'll be a boss lady - finally sunk in... and I feel light shivers of panic crawling up and down my spine. I guess that's normal, 'cause it's a new county and a new job, but I can't wait for the relief that will come over me once I get started and realize that it's all doable. I start to become a circus artist, spinning plates in order to entertain the audience (a.k.a. boss, employees and colleagues) and prove to myself that I can actually do it, so in the end I'll either gather applause or laughter, but whatever happens, I'll gather a shitload of experience.

Hang in there ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom