Friday, December 08, 2006

Holy cow, part 2

In an earlier post I told you about my boss intending to send me to India, which in the end didn't happen. Well, now it will. Everything is agreed with the local construction site manager and the project management, so the blank spot between Spain, holiday and France has been filled with a 4-5 weeks stay near Akhakhol, 30km east of Surat. I'll be heading off on the 2nd of January and think about squeezing in a short holiday on the Maledives afterwards, seeing that they are rather close. And I really think that I'll need some holiday after that!
The construction site is rather colse to a big city, but with the traffic a trip into town takes about 90 minutes, so they built a camp for the employees to live in. Will be nice to get to see how that kind of site will suit me and will probably make me appreciate my own site in France with my own flat and the freedom to move around.
However, the India trip is faaaaar away, almost 4 weeks, so let's have a look to the closer future. This weekend I'll try to get in some Christmas mood, despite sun and warmth: I'll bake cookies :-) I don't have an oven in my appartment hotel, so I get to use a colleague's kitchen - will have to pay him off with some of the results, but that's only fair ;-) Still not sure what I can bake 'cause as it seems the Spanish aren't into baking - if they want a cake they just buy one. Hence it's quite hard to find the required ingredients, but going to Valencia should do the trick. I'll keep you updated on the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom