Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Let's face the music and dance

I'm back from my Germany/Spain holiday trip. What can I say?!? It was GREAT!
I started my tour at Munich with a 'girls night out', getting tipsy and talking the night away. The weekend was very relaxed and I took the time catching up with my friends. Monday I drove over to Heimertingen to see Torsten and get my financials in order. We had planned to spend Monday and Tuesday until noon on my investment stuff, but that was somewhat interrupted by his girlfriend who went into labour that night and gave birth to a littl baby girl. Congrats my friend, she's a beauty! Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at Nürnberg with Chris and Ela who were once more the great hosts they are. On Thursday I drove up to Frankfurt Hahn for my flight to Valencia. Unfortunately I picked a day where Europa was struggeling with the side effects of winter aka. snow. Took me 4 hours to get to the airport which were followed by a 2hrs delayed departure, a more than bumpy flight that took me back to my severely neglected christian roots (means I was praying for survival) and another 45 minutes on the plane after landing waiting for a bus to take me to the terminal. However, my stay at Spain outweight the hassle of getting there BY FAR! Thanks to a great host I has a lovely time, enjoying the local food, the sun, the mountains and the company. Completely recharged my batteries.
So what's next? Will see some friends in Gelsenkirchen these days, Saturday a b-day party of one of Niek's mates at Cologne (kindly no phone calls on Sunday before 2pm!). Monday I'll be off to Offenbach to meet my backoffice team for my France project and then back to Gelsenkirchen for the weekend. After that 4 days Paris, one week Bahrain and then: my site. To be quite frank: I'm a bit nervous. But there's no way back so I'll see it through and kick ass ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom