Thursday, July 20, 2006

Katrin vs. Police, Chapter 241

On my way to Marion’s b-day party I was determined to get wasted! Surprisingly the initial decision to go for “Weinschorle” instead of beer made that wish vanish, so I spent the night chatting and laughing instead of getting royally wasted. It was a great evening and after only 2 of those wine-water mixes I figured I could drive instead of being forced to use public transportation. Since Andre’s living near my place and Andrea & Torben were heading towards her place, which is on the way, I gave them a lift.

After making the small detour to Andrea, we were on our way again. Suddenly I saw a police car on the other side of the road and the two policemen, who parked it there (against all traffic regulations!), were waving me out. DAMN, I’M BUSTED! I had almost no alcohol, but police makes me nervous and 2 of those things can get you over 0.5 eventually. When the guy asked me for my license and registration documents, I had to dig it out of my messy trunk where my lap top bag was stored. I asked one of them to give me his torch, ‘cause it was rather dark and my bag was a mess, as usual. He looked a bit irritated, but gave it to me. They checked my documents with the crucial question already hanging in the air. Docs were fine, and then he asked the question: ‘Did you have any alcoholic beverage?’. I admitted that I had 2 Weinschorlen. ‘That’s all?’ ‘That’s all!’ The guy made a theatrical break, gave me a suspicious look and after 4 ENDLESS seconds said ’Ok, have a good drive home’
WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! THEY LET ME OFF THE HOOK!

Andre and I had some ciggies and loads of fun making up possible remarks for policemen stopping you:
‘May I see your license?’ - ‘WHAT? I gave that to you 2 months ago. If you lost it you’re in deep trouble, Mister!’
Or simply ignore the questions and, after a while, state in a baby voice: ‘My mum said I mustn’t talk to strangers’

We went on like that for a few minutes, making me laugh in tears. All of a sudden I remembered the 3rd Weinschorle and the 2 shots I had. They totally slipped my mind! Additionally my car’s technical permission expired 2 months ago. So luck was on my side this time.

Andre navigated me to his place via some shortcuts, so I wouldn’t get checked again. After dropping him off, I proceeded home… for about 1 minute. Then I saw a red light waving me out, held by a guy with a reflector vests in the familiar “Police” design. SHIT! I stopped and the guy started his standard phrases. I told him that this was my 2nd check tonight and offered my documents. He asked where I got checked and then refused to check me again but wished me a good ride home instead. I got away AGAIN!

HOLY SHIT, what a lucky girl I was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom