Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ode to Icecream
spelled with a capital I intentionally, since I established a very close relationship to it ;-)

Today it's time to make a post that's been overdue for quite a while. Time to write about Icecream! But not any Icecream, no: THE ICECREAM!!!
When I went into a local supermarket, I was thrilled to see that, right next to the entrance, they had a freezer packed with pints of my favorite Icecream brand in the whole wide world: Ben and Jerry's. The first time I saw it there, I resisted the temptation, as I didn't have a freezer back in the hotel which would have "forced" me to eat it all in one sitting (not THAT excessive ...when it comes to Icecream). But last Saturday, when I moved into the apartment hotel, I finally had a klitchen.. with a fridge... with a freezer compartment! Therefore I didn't waste any time and got myself a pint of frozen happiness. Even though I hasitated in the choice of the victim, I decided to give a new flavor a chance, and lord almighty was I rewarded. I proudly intoduce to you my new favorite flavor: Fossil Fuel!

The online describtion sais:

"Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Pieces, Fudge Dinosaurs and a Fudge Swirl

You know this flavor is going to thrill the socks off your inner paleontologist, don't you? If you never believed those great excavations in your dreams could come true, just wait until you come across your first fudgy pterodactyl or tyrannosaurus fudgius. This flavor's fueled with all kinds of fudgy little dino dudes, as well as plenty of crunchy chocolate cookie fragments to snag your spoon on, & deep swirls of primordial fudge that just might yield a sunken stegosaur or two. Enjoy!"

In my humble opinion you can summarize that by saying: it will at least take 1 hour to whipe that grin off your face. If you like Icecream and are willing to give it a chance, I ensure you won't be disappointed!

That's it for today ...feel magically drawn to the freezer 'cause I think I still have a bit left ;-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mei bist du fleißig...!
Und es ist so gemein!!! Ich sitze im Büro, mir läuft das Wasser im Mund zusammen, und ich habe keinerlei Eiscreme im Kühlschrank!
Und gerade als ich drüber schmunzeln muss wie voller Hingabe du Nahrungsmittel beschreiben kannst, fällt mir ein wie du in San Diego ausführlichst du einzelnen Schichten eines New York Cheese Cake aufgezählt hast, und jetzt will ich auch was Süßes - sofort!!!
yvonne

9:37 AM  
Blogger odd-one-out said...

...und Du bist fleißig ,was das Kommentieren angeht! Ben&Jerry's gibt's übrigens an den Aral-Tankstellen... nur als tip ;-)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Häh? Ein Eis, das "Fossil Fuel" (=fossiler Brennstoff) heisst? Da wäre ich ja skeptisch gewesen und hätte einen verdammt öligen Geschmack erwartet...
Hasta logo, Christof

10:54 AM  
Blogger odd-one-out said...

Buenas 'tof!
Geht auf jeden Fall runter wie Öl ;-) ...die Eissorten haben alle so komische Namen - da ist das noch harmlos gegen!
¡Hasta luego!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW: Hast du mal versucht, das Zeug anzuzünden? Das hat doch sicherlich soviel "Nährwert", dass das auch brennt wie Öl...
Arrivederci, Christof

11:30 AM  
Blogger odd-one-out said...

Weniger als Du glaubst - habe extra nochmal nachgeschaut. Da brennt nix!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom