Wednesday, September 27, 2006

HOLY SHIT, I'M A CONSTRUCTION SITE MANAGER!!!

...well, you might think that this is no news, but it actually is!
Ok, as most of you know, the original plan for me was to stay at Spain for 5 weeks to get some on-site training, then Thailand (siiiiiiigh) or Qatar till the end of the year, so once I would start my project in France I'd have about 3 months of training once I'd take some responsibility. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?
But life takes a sudden turn every now and then, and as the local Contruction Site Manager walked through the door today and closed it behind him (this door is ALWAYS open), I knew something was the matter. To make a long story short: He'll take a new assignment and therefore I'll be the local manager till the end of the year! In the meantime they try to find someone who speaks Spanish and can do the job after me. Doesn't sound THAT bad, right? Think again, 'cause there's a rub in it: He'll leave mid of next week, which leaves me 5 working days and a weekend to learn the job. AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

...but there's a good side to everything: I'll abandon my beloved hotel room soon (only a few days) to move into an apartment, so if anybody feels like having a short-trip to the south of Spain, you're more then welcome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Niek said...

Kick ass!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom