Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bomba(y)astic
sorry, but the wordplay doesn't work with Mumbai ;-)

...at least that's what I can tell from the 5 minute trip from airport to hotel. But let's start at the beginning of the still unfinished trip.
I departed from Nürnberg after a way too short night - was staying at Chris' and Ela's place and we got hooked up playing Buzz, and all of a sudden it was 1:30am... siiiigh... the thought of getting up only 5hrs later wasn't too thrilling! Flew from Nürnberg to Frankfurt and then to Mumbai. Flight was fine, especially because a miracle happened: I SLEPT! Unbelievable, isn't it? Never managed to sleep on a plane before without mixing some chemicals with a little Vodka. Glad I got a little sleep, 'cause here's my schedule before I finally arrive on site:
1:30am: arrival in Mumbai
2:30am: check in Hotel
5:15am: transfer to Mumbai central station
7:00am: train to Surat
11:00am: arrival at Surat and pickup to Sugen
1:00pm: arrival on Site ...finally! (and hopefully)
Decided not to sleep at the hotel, 'cause I SO KONW that I'd miss my pickup and therefore the train ...sounds like me, doesn't it?!?
When I get there I reckon I'll take a shower, change clothes and start working cus I only have 3 days with the commercial site manager (including the weekend *sniff*) before he leaves for a workshop and vacation.
Stay tuned for holy cows, camp reports and updates on my mood indicator that comes in for of a bottle of nice rum I purchased at the duty free shop.

Bottle indicator: full!

2 Comments:

Blogger Niek said...

Found an Indian Kitchen yet?

8:46 AM  
Blogger odd-one-out said...

The village the site is located in doesn't even have a café, but brekkie, lunch and dinner I'll get at the camp. I'm sure they'll serve Indian ;-) ...apart from that: this is a veggie area, so only chance to get meat is the camp.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


bottom